Wednesday, February 11, 2009

His First Dance & A Little Peace in My Heart

It finally happened. Jake went to a school dance, and he allowed me to take pictures before he and his pretty girlfriend, Richelle, left for Winter Formal. This is of particular importance because, if you notice my gallery, there are very few, if any, layouts with Jake. He is my teenage boy who detests being in front of my camera, EVER. So here are a couple of shots of the happy couple and a layout featuring the two of them before leaving for the dance.

For the layout, I used the new Cricut Calligraphy Cartridge. With the help of Cricut DesignStudio, I welded the decorative tag to help make the two borders. Also, I used the basic black Cricut pen to draw "Jake and Richelle" on the large tag, and then used a red Galaxy Pen to fill the names in. The basic black Cricut pen was also used to draw around the leafy-type decoration on either sides of the large tag before finally cutting them out. Remember the typewriter I found at a local thrift store a couple of posts ago? I used it to type some journaling on the tag located just below their names.

I made a cut file that includes small, medium, and large borders using the decorative tag from the Calligraphy Cricut Cartridge. Here is the mediafire link--enjoy: http://www.mediafire.com/?zg4dyfvgmgd


Finally, a little peace in my heart. That's what I must be feeling. The other day, I wanted to create a bag that would hold all of my things. I'm a pocket freak! There are 12 found in this bag. Out of necessity and in the spirit of Valentine's Day, I created this bag using fabric found locally at my favorite thrift store and some of my scrapbook supplies--my older Sizzix dies created the felt heart with peace sign located on the front.

No comments: