Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fabric Composition Book Cover with Appliqué

unity contest lg

I made the above fabric composition journal cover using printed appliqués made from a digital image and sentiment. If you're a beginning sewist, here's a link to the tutorial that I used to make the fabric journal cover: http://www.stitchedincolor.com/2012/08/tutorial-journal-covers.html

The tutorial was easy to follow. Once that was sewed and ironed, I then filled the images in PSE with Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook digital prints from acdigitals.com and printed/cut them in conjunction with my printer and Silhouette Portrait which cut the images like appliqué. Then I applied them to the fabric journal cover and applied some bling to the middle of the flowers.  This is just a light synopsis of the process. 

Below is a picture of the first page of this composition journal.  It’s going to be my new stamp journal. I stamped/cut some Unity Stamp Company Fashionistas. They are just adorable as always and make me happy! 

happy girls lg

No comments: