Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Just Add Color & Disneyland!

Disneyland 1This past trip to Disneyland was a blast! Not only was it Raiden’s birthday, but it was Halloween time as well.  The first night we were there was Mickey’s Halloween Party.  We all got dressed up in costume and trick or treated at the happiest place on earth.  My daughters and I were vintage mousketeers for the event.  This is something I think will only happen once in a lifetime and I’m so glad I got pictures of it.  For the costumes we wore, I found identical white tees for each of us and used my Silhouette Portrait to apply each of our names (just like The Mickey Mouse Club did) to the front of the tees.  I found the vintage logo of the Mickey Mouse Club online and applied that to the backs of our tees using my Silhouette Portrait as well.  I purchased navy blue cotton fabric and elastic from Joann’s and made each of us a matching skirt that copied the style of the skirts the girls wore in The Mickey Mouse Club.  We already had Mickey ears to top off our costumes!

Disneyland (vintage mousketeers) Scrapbook Page Supplies

Just Add Color Edition Full Collection available NOW at Digital Project Life.

The sketch I used for the layout I found at Studio Calico.

Krafty premium cardstock by Core’dinations.

I used my Silhouette Portrait and software to trace the basic shapes from the sketch. I used the black Silhouette Sketch Pen for the dashed border around the focal items.  I found the Minnie Mouse hat online and made it a cut file for my Silhouette Portrait and attached it to the layout using 3D Zots.

I used bling accents from Imaginisce and applied them to the layout using their I-Rock tool.

Disneyland 2

I like using the digital versions of Project Life because it gives me more bang for my buck.  I’m able to fill shapes in Silhouette Studio with the filler and journaling cards from the digital kits which will shape them into other elements I may need to supplement a more traditional look on my layouts.  Sometimes I just want to step outside the basic shapes of project life and the digital version allows me to do that.

Here’s a peek at the Just Add Color Edition Full Collection I used on the above layout.

 bh_justaddcolor_fullcollection_prev_1024x1024

Click on the above collection image to be taken directly to the product pages at Digital Project Life.

Here’s the description from Digital Project Life:

Introducing the Just Add Color Edition! This edition has the same things that you love about Project Life® but with a twist. This collection features square filler and journaling cards in 2 different sizes as well as 4x6 journaling cards and filler cards. It is perfect for your Instagram photos or any other square photos you may have.

Buy the full collection and save 20%! The Just Add Color Full Collection includes:

  • Just Add Color 2x2 Filler Cards - includes 134 2x2 filler cards in PNG format
  • Just Add Color 2x2 Journaling Cards - includes 98 2x2 journaling cards in PNG format
  • Just Add Color 4x4 Filler Cards - includes 40 4x4 filler cards in PNG format
  • Just Add Color 4x4 Journaling Cards - includes 39 4x4 journaling cards in PNG format
  • Just Add Color 4x6 Journaling Cards - includes 10 4x6 journaling card designs in horizontal + vertical orientation for a total of 20 4x6 journaling cards in PNG format
  • Just Add Color Title Cards - includes 30 4x6 title card designs in horizontal + vertical orientation for a total of 60 4x6 title cards in PNG format
  • Just Add Color Stickers - includes 255 stickers in PNG format
  • 8.5x11 PDFs with all of the cards for easy printing** (PDFs with the stickers not included)

**Printing Tips: Set your printer to a "borderless" setting. If your printer has an "expansion" option, make sure it is set to minimum. If you are sending this to a commercial printer, verify that they have the ability to print borderlessly before placing your order.

No comments: