Saturday, November 16, 2013

Merry and Bright with Blythe

merry and bright

This fully grown woman has been wanting a Blythe doll for quite a little while now, but I just can’t justify the price. I did find this cute ”Littlest Pet Shop” version of a Blythe doll locally for a great price and thought she’d be the cutest prop for some of my holiday projects—she even comes with a little pet, stand, comb, and that hat and scarf are adorable!  Once I brought her home, I still had Blythe dolls on my mind!  So, to help alleviate the pain of not owning a full-size Blythe doll, I went in search of Blythe coloring pages online that I could make into cut files with my Silhouette Portrait.  I found the one on the above tag at hellokids.com.  I saved her to my computer, cleaned her up in Photoshop Elements, filled the image with digital patterned papers, saved her as a png file, retrieved her in Silhouette Studio, traced her, and voila! She’s a cut file and I can use her over and over again for different themes, different sizes, and whatnot.

Merry and Bright with Blythe Tag Supplies List

The Merry and Bright sentiment is from the October 2013 KOM and is available at Unity Stamp Company.

Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplates Die by Sizzix (cut using my Silhouette Portrait); OF NOTE:  The tag was cut from cardstock and chipboard to give it some added weight.

Pretty Party prints were used for the background and top layer of the tag, the tag topper, filled the scallop borders, and filled the Blythe image. Blythe was cut from cardstock and chipboard for dimension and attached to the top layer using 3D Zots.  This digital kit is by Crate Paper and is available NOW at acdigitals.com.

Scalloped border and die cut eyelet lace layer is by Silhouette America.  OF NOTE:  The tag topper was cut from cardstock and chipboard to give it some added dimension.  I thought adding some holiday props would help with the holiday cheer.  The antlers and holly were files from the Silhouette America Online store, also.

Heavy duty jute from hardware store was applied to the tag by tying a bow.

No comments: