Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Happiest Place Ever with NEW Maggie Holmes Mini Kit

happiest place ever

Going back a short time again to last October’s Disneyland/California Adventure trip.  The above photo includes my son’s beautiful and talented girlfriend, Richelle, Jake, Raiden, and Gwen on the end.  This picture caught my attention when perusing my iPhone photos because of that collective look in their beautiful eyes. Everyone in the photo looks relaxed and happy to have the memory caught for a keepsake.  As always, Disneyland trips are hectic as we’re all trying to get through our own individual checklists of things we all want to see and do. In my heart, I think this last trip was the best ever.  We ALL went:  Brandi and her boyfriend, Max; Jake and his girlfriend, Richelle; Gwen and Raiden, my husband, Rodney, and me.  I found it’s not an easy task to get all eight of us together with busy schedules and tight budgets but it was accomplished and I’m so hoping we can do it again.  When me and my husband are older, we just want to watch our young family grow into a large family that we just didn’t get to appreciate when we were growing up as kids.  We want our own bunch of family. I can’t wait to see how it all unfolds and how they accomplish the task of getting us all together.  It’s important.

Happiest Place Ever! Layout Supplies

Maggie Holmes Mini Kit, Just Add Color Edition, Heritage Edition, and Coral Edition available at Digital Project Life.

Kraft Cardstock 12-x-12 base by Bazzill Basics Paper.

Matte Photo Paper by Staples for all of the print-and-cut pieces.

Pumice Stone Distress Ink was applied to the edges of the papers from Coral and Heritage Edition.

I used my Silhouette Cameo and software to print-and-cut the cards from Maggie’s new kit and pieces/patterned paper from Just Add Color, Coral, and Heritage Edition kits.  The black Silhouette Sketch Pen was used to make the border around the picture/card/title on the layout.  LW Handwriting font was used for the journaling which was purchased through the Silhouette America Online Store. The ticket border (filled with a print from Heritage Edition), the small scalloped border, distressed rectangle label (used as picture frame), and title were purchased through the Silhouette America Online Store.  The print-and-cut pieces from Just Add Color were adhered to the layout using 3D Zots.  The borders were adhered to the layout using a Tim Holtz tiny attacher with staples. The twine is from my local hardware store.

Below is a peek at the NEW Maggie Holmes Mini Kit, Just Add Color Edition Full Collection, Coral Edition Full Collection, and Heritage Edition Full Collection I used on the above layout. I’ve been using quite a bit of elements lately from Just Add Color.  All of these kits are an amazing addition to your Project Life collection.

bh_maggieholmes_prev_1024x1024

bh_justaddcolor_fullcollection_prev_1024x1024

bh_coral_fullcollection_1024x1024

bh_heritage_fullcollection_prev_1024x1024 Click on the above collection images to be taken directly to the product pages at Digital Project Life.

REMEMBER:  You can get Maggie’s NEW kit for 20% off the regular price until Sunday, February 2, 2014.