Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Birthday!

happy birthday large

When I first started scrapbooking over ten years ago, I would painstakingly try to scrapbook our memories in chronological order.  That peeve lasted quite a while but was overwhelming to accomplish with four children and their milestones and such happening on a regular, daily basis.  Now I scrapbook when I’m inspired to do so and I’m a lot happier in my hobby.  Inspiration comes in many forms to me. Sometimes it’s a NEW collection I want to use, a sketch I want to try, or in this case, a picture I look back on and find something special I may not have seen when I first took the photo. The photo is of my husband’s birthday last November, almost three months ago.  I always take a photo of him in front of his cake while he blows out his candles.  ALWAYS.  I’m not sure if I’ve ever scrapped any of those photos, but there’s just something about this photo that warms my heart.  I think it’s the collective look in everyone’s eyes as we’re about to celebrate his birthday.  You can just tell we love and appreciate him and his sacrifices.  In addition, I see my wishes have come true while he’s about to make HIS birthday wish.  What a great time to celebrate and memorialize for my scrapbook. 

In the layout above, I used the NEW Maggie Holmes Mini Kit available NOW at Digital Project Life.  You can get this kit for 20% off the regular price until Sunday, February 2, 2014.  Also used is Digital Project Life’s Just Add Color kit which I think pairs well with Maggie Holmes Mini Kit for embellishments, etc.

Happy Birthday! Layout Supplies

Maggie Holmes Mini Kit and Just Add Color Edition Full Collection available at Digital Project Life.

White textured cardstock by Colorbok.

Pumice Stone Distress Ink was applied to the edge of the layout.

I used my Silhouette Cameo and software to print-and-cut the cards from Maggie’s new kit.  The black Silhouette Sketch Pen was used to make the border around the picture/card/title on the layout.  LW Handwriting font was used for the journaling.  LW Thick font was used for the title. Both of these fonts were purchased through the Silhouette America Online Store.  The camera, lucky me, and heart were printed-and-cut using my Silhouette Cameo from the Just Add Color kit. They were adhered to the layout using 3D Zots and Tim Holtz tiny attacher. Bling accents from Imaginisce were applied to the camera using their I-Rock tool.  The twine is from my local hardware store.

Here’s a peek at the NEW Maggie Holmes Mini Kit and Just Add Color Edition Full Collection I used on the above layout. BOTH kits are phenomenal.  I’ve been using quite a bit of elements from Just Add Color and I KNOW I’ll be using Maggie’s new kit quite a lot.

bh_maggieholmes_prev_1024x1024

bh_justaddcolor_fullcollection_prev_1024x1024

Click on the above collection images to be taken directly to the product pages at Digital Project Life.

REMEMBER:  You can get Maggie’s NEW kit for 20% off the regular price until Sunday, February 2, 2014.

No comments: