Thursday, January 30, 2014

Unity Stamp Company’s “Your Love Blows Me Away” with Nancie’s “Vintage Valentine Sentiments 3”

will you be mine lg

Valentine! Valentine! Valentine! Speaks to me in volumes this time of year.  I’m going to try and make as many as I can before the big day and after.  It’s my favorite card theme. I like nothing better than to pair premium Unity Stamp Company stamps with digital products by Nancie Rowe Janitz.  They go very well together. That’s what I’m sharing today. 

Tomorrow Nancie Rowe Janitz is releasing Vintage Valentine Sentiments 3 and Vintage Valentines 3 at jessicasprague.com.  Here’s a little sneak peek.

nrj-vintagesentiments3-prev1609854_10202911652493922_1262358575_n I used one of these sentiments on the inside of the above card I’m sharing today as I thought the Unity stamp by Phyllis Harris paired well with the sentiment.  In addition to being a Unity Stamp Company Artista, Phyllis Harris is also an illustrator for Scholastic, Standard Publishing, Fisher-Price, Hooked On Phonics, Houghton Mifflin, McGraw-Hill, Highlights and High-Five Magazine.  Her images are so charming and light-hearted and I’m drawn to her fun, whimsical style. 

sentiment lg

Unity Stamp Company has quite a bit of sales—I’m pretty sure weekly sales.  In the past couple of months, I’ve been able to take advantage of these sales here and there and have added to my collection.  Life has been so busy lately that I just haven’t been able to use any, but yesterday I couldn’t wait any longer.  This was the first stamp I used that I’ve collected in the recent sales.  I also used sentiments on the front of the card from Unity Stamp Company’s November 2013 Kit of the Month.  More to come I’m sure.  Here’s another peek at the card from a side view, so you can get a look at the dimension I was able to give to the stamp by fussy cutting (with my Silhouette) and the application of 3D Zots.

will you be mine side lg

Supplies for Will You Be Mine Forever and Ever Card

Your Love Blows Me Away Stamp Set by Phyllis Harris and November 2013 Kit of the Month available at Unity Stamp Company (scanned into my computer, filled with digital patterned papers and/or colored using Photoshop Elements, converted to png file, and printed-and-cut with my Silhouette Cameo and Hewlett Packard Photosmart B8550). Phyllis’s image was mounted to the card base using 3D Zots for dimension here and there and Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue.  Glossy accents by Ranger was applied to the heart-shaped balloon. Also, the sentiments from the above KOM were resized.

The sentiment inside the card is from Nancie Rowe Janitz’s Vintage Valentine Sentiments 3 kit available SOON at jessicasprague.com.  Nancie’s following kits were used in the stamped image, on the outside of the card, and on the inside of the card which fills the frame and are available NOW at jessicasprague.com.  Clicking on the collection images below will take you directly to the product pages at jessicasprague.com.

nrj-bountiful-preview

nrj-mixedmedia2-600

nrj-mixed5-prev1

The card base (card-welcome) and frame on the inside of the card (5 bracket frames and labels) is by Silhouette America and was cut from Krafty premium cardstock by Core’dinations, White Textured Cardstock, and Matte Photo Paper by Staples.

Evergreen Bough, Pumice Stone, and Black Soot Distress Inks were applied around the edges of the front of the card.

Squid Ink Gelato by Faber-Castell was applied to the edges of the sentiment pieces on the front of the card as well as the centerpiece with the focal image.

Zigzag stitches were sewn to the front of the card using my Singer Futura and black embroidery thread.

REMEMBER:  Vintage Valentine Sentiments and Valentines by Nancie Rowe Janitz will be released tomorrow at jessicasprague.com.

No comments: