Saturday, March 29, 2014

TSB Challenge #10--Make You Own Background

art journal page lg

This week’s challenge over at The Stamping Boutique Challenge Blog is to make your own background. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to add a page to my neglected art journal. Head on over and see how the DT made their own backgrounds to use with digital stamps from The Stamping Boutique.

The above picture shows my submission to this week’s challenge using The Stamping Boutique’s #611 Behind My Eyes Digital Stamp. The image lends itself so well to an art journal. To help make the background I used a triangle background by Hero Arts available at the Silhouette America Online Store that I imported into ArtRage and used as a stencil. The chicken wire is a stamp by Unity Stamp Company that was imported as a stencil as well. The background was watercolored and airbrushed using ArtRage with my Wacom tablet.  Once the page and digital stamp were printed-and-cut with my Silhouette, I added a bit of glitter to her eyelids, lips, and flower using a Wink-of-Stella brush. The art journal page itself is a cut file I made that will fit my “Thrift Store” planner art journal.

If you want to take part in the challenge and win some Stamping Boutique goodies, the requirements are quite simple:

1. Your project must follow the theme.

2. You can enter a card, scrapbook layout, altered item, etc...

3. It must be a new creation.

4. Please connect to the actual blog post where your project is located.

5. If your card is chosen as WINNER and you have used an image from The Stamping Boutique, then you win three digital stamp images from The Stamping Boutique.  If you have used another image, you can win two digital stamp images from The Stamping Boutique.

This challenge ends on April 3 at 5:00 pm EST.

Here’s the link to this week’s challenge:  http://thestampingboutiquechallengeblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/challenge-10-add-doodling.html

No comments: