Thursday, April 24, 2014

Love is the Flower

love is the flower

Sometimes I encounter “happy accidents” while crafting my days away.  The above tag is a great example.  When these “happy accidents” occur, I try to go with it and see what happens as I’m not a wasteful crafter.  When cutting the tag using my Silhouette, I neglected to turn off cutting the quote, so when the tag cut (the top layer), it cut the quote into the tag base. Instead of tossing it, I weeded out the letters and printed/cut the tag again (the bottom layer), this time turning off the cut lines for the quote, so that I could place it under the first tag giving it some depth while adding interest.  Now, when holding the tag to the light, the quote illuminates. See the quick little video below of how this effect takes place.

I think it turned out well and it’s a new favorite of mine.  Even if the project didn’t go along as planned, I like it better now.  I’m pretty smitten with the quote by John Lennon. It goes perfectly with the stamped images of the tag which is from the April 2014 SMAK Kit available at Unity Stamp Company.

(clicking on the image will take you to the product page at Unity)

APRIL-2014-SMAK-WILDFLOWERS-WINGS-

Love is the Flower Tag Supplies

April 2014 SMAK Kit from Unity Stamp Company

Spring Fling Paper Set by Nancie Rowe Janitz available at snapclicksupply.com

(clicking on the image will take you to the product page at Unity)nrj-springfling-prev

Tag by Tim Holtz for Sizzix

All print-and-cut items were printed and cut using Matte Photo Paper by Staples/Silhouette Cameo/Hewlett Packard Photosmart B8550

Orange accents from Imaginisce using their I-Rock tool

3D Zots

Heavy duty jute from the hardware store

Please share how you’ve encountered “happy accidents” while crafting and what you’ve done to save them, bringing your planned project to a another level.

1 comment:

Beth Norman said...

Nice happy accident. It's a very lovely card.